Monday, September 22, 2008

Unit 5 Lessons Learned

In uni 5, I found the Horton discussion very interesting. I enjoyed writing a post and having others challenge me on it and then having my chance to try to explain my view in more detail.

My discussion topic was about the use of drama in elearning. Through the back and forth discussion, in order to supply some valid examples of how drama can be used in elearning, I was able to think of new ideas that I hadn't really thought of before. These new ideas I will keep in mind as I begin to work more in an elearning environment.

The other members of the discussion team also had really good ideas and thoughts about their topics as well; storytelling, online library and absorb-type activities in general. Not being from an educational field, I found all this very helpful.

1 comment:

PRL said...

I came to the field of instructional design and technology from working as a manager / trainer in the restaurant industry. I didn't have the same background as many of my peers.

However, storytelling interested me a lot because I understood it (or so I thought) and I could see the value.

I written a little on the use of stories and storytelling.
http://jolt.merlot.org/vol4no3/lowenthal_0908.pdf

Glad to hear the week went well

Patrick