It's hard to say what the lessons learned were for unit 3. Probably I would have to say based on the "Best Learning Experience" that the most effective instruction is when it becomes personal to the student. Either the material has to be personal and apply to the student's life or just the experience of the class becomes personal through interaction with other students. Anytime you sit through a training or a class and all of a sudden you see how the topic truly applies to you, that is amazing.
I recently had that happen to be at a Women in Project Management conference I attended. This one speaker talked about what makes a person a good leader on a project. As she listed the key points that a good leader needs to have, I realized where my project was lacking and what I needed to do to become a better project leader. The information I received became very personal to me and has stuck with me since the conference.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I totally agree about the importance of making learning personal but I am not sure I understand what you mean when you say:
"instruction is best when it combines knowledge with personal experience"
Do you mean the instructor should be knowledgeable of his or her subject? How are you defining knowledge?
Patrick
Post a Comment