Unit 6 was a discussion on Do-Type activities. Horton describes a lot of activities for the Do phase. I was especially intrigued by the Case Studies and the Role Playing.
I used to be a member of the eLearning Guild and I attended one of the online conferences they held a couple of years ago. I don't remember who the speaker was (it could have been Horton), but I remember how he described and demonstrated Role Playing using a story of a murder mystery. The one Horton described in his book was exactly the same one I saw demonstrated. I thought it was so cool. I had never seen that type of elearning.
I love the whole idea of branching; that the answer the learner selects can take them in a different direction. Trying to put something like that together would be a lot of fun, but I imagine a bit of a challenge as well.
I purchased Captivate 3 several months ago because of this funtionality of branching. I hope to someday be able to create a story telling elearning using this type of Do Activity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment